Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Office of the Naval Inspector General
Should I Use The Hotline?
  • If you have already filed a complaint with another office/agency concerning your issue and the investigation is ongoing, continue to pursue your complaint with that office until the investigation is completed. We will not initiate an investigation into a complaint that is already being addressed using another process.
  • If you have already contacted a member of Congress concerning an issue, please continue to pursue resolution of your complaint with your Congressman as we cannot duplicate the process you have already initiated by contacting a member of Congress.
  • If you need assistance with correcting your official military personnel record and you are no longer on active duty, the appropriate agency to address your request is the Board for Correction of Naval Records (BCNR).
  • If you are requesting assistance with dependent/former dependent financial support, please read the Dependent's Questions & Answers page regarding dependent support.