External Link Disclaimer

This hyperlink does not constitute endorsement by the U.S. Navy of non-U.S. Government sites or the information, products, or services contained therein. Although the U.S. Navy may or may not use these sites as additional distribution channels for Department of Defense information, it does not exercise editorial control over all of the information that you may find at these locations. Such links are provided consistent with the stated purpose of this website.

-Manpower & Reserve Affairs (M&RA) > BCNR
Image Board for Correction of Naval Records 

The United States Navy's Board for Correction of Naval Records (BCNR) is committed to providing current and former Navy and Marine Corps members the highest level of administrative review within the Navy to correct errors or injustices to their records.


Are you a veteran requesting an upgrade to your discharge?

In an joint effort, the Department of Veterans Affairs and the Department of Defense partnered to provide step-by-step instructions on how to request a discharge upgrade. Simply click the following link to step through a series of questions which will lead you to the appropriate form and provide instructions on how to apply to the proper board to request a discharge upgrade. www.vets.gov/discharge-upgrade-instructions. Additional information on discharge upgrades and other correction of records topics may be found on the FAQ Page.


For additional information on the following topics, please select the appropriate links below:


    The Defense Department announced a renewed effort to ensure veterans are aware of
    the opportunity to have their discharges and military records reviewed.

Connect With Us!

Contact Us

1000 Navy Pentagon,
Washington, DC 20350-1000

This is an official U.S. Navy website
Contact the Webmaster - Please read our Privacy Policy Notice - No FEAR Act - Section 508