Step 2: Create a USAJOBS Profile
Now that you have created your resume, you are ready to establish a USAJOBS profile and account. This is required in order to apply to Department of Navy and Marine Corp civilian vacancy announcements.
Steps to Create your Profile:
- Go to www.usajobs.gov
- Click "Create Profile" button
- Enter in your email address and a username. Then follow the prompts sent via email to complete your profile (name, address, phone number, etc.)
Functionality of USAJOBS Account: Congratulations on creating your new USAJOBS account and profile. With USAJOBS you can:
- Build/upload resumes and other supporting documents under your “Documents”
- Search for and apply to Federal civilian job opportunity announcements using both a simple or advanced “Search”
- Create job search agents to alert you via email of newly opened announcements using "Saved Searches"
- Save and then view later, jobs you are interested in applying to under "Saved Job"
- View the status of your application packages on your Account Profile “Home” page
FAQs and Help with USAJOBS: USAJOBS has created a variety of tools, FAQS and step-by-step instructions for each step of the job search and application process.
If you are a Department of the Navy employee, review our supplemental instructions on completing your USAJOB Profile, Eligibility question #4 pertaining to your current Federal Employment. This will ensure that you job searches default to announcements open to current federal employees.
PRINT APPLICATION STEPS