Create Your Login.gov Account
Beginning on 25 February 2018, USAJOBS implemented new login procedures. USAJOBS users will need to first create a login.gov account before logging into USAJOBS and completing their USAJOBS profile. This method increases the security of the USAJOBS system and allows individuals to use a single sign-in for multiple government online systems.
- To create a login.gov account go to www.usajobs.gov and click the “Create a login.gov account” link near the Sign In Button.
- Then select the red continue button.
- Select the Create an Account box.
To establish your new login.gov account you will need
Email (use the same email address for both login.gov and USAJOBS). It is recommended that you do NOT use a .mil, .edu or other gov’t email address as this will delay your password and login notifications.
Phone (you will use this to receive the system generated security code for each time you need to sign into USAJOBS). If you are using an international phone number (excluding Canada and Mexico), you must be able to receive text messages at that number.
- Enter in an email address. Then follow the prompts sent via email to confirm your email.
- Enter in a password and a phone number and method (call or text) to receive a sign in security code.
- Type in your one-time security code and follow the prompts.
- When completed it will prompt you to continue to USAJOBS. NOTE: Future logins to USAJOBS will require your email address, password and a one-time security code (received via text or phone call).
For step-by-step screenshots of the above process check out our New USAJOBS Sign In Method Presentation.
Create a USAJOBS Profile
Now that you have created your login.gov account you are ready to establish a USAJOBS profile and account. This is required in order to apply to Department of Navy and Marine Corp civilian vacancy announcements.
Select the Profile Box on the left hand side and follow the prompts to complete your personal information under the Contact, Eligibility, Demographist and Preferences sections.
Functionality of USAJOBS Account: Congratulations on creating your new USAJOBS account and profile. With USAJOBS you can:
- Build/upload resumes and other supporting documents under your “Documents”
- Search for and apply to Federal civilian job opportunity announcements using both a simple or advanced “Search”
- Create job search agents to alert you via email of newly opened announcements using "Saved Searches"
- Save and then view later, jobs you are interested in applying to under "Saved Job"
- View the status of your application packages on your Account Profile “Home” page
FAQs and Help with USAJOBS: USAJOBS has created a variety of tools, FAQS and step-by-step instructions for each step of the job search and application process.
If you are a Department of the Navy employee, review our supplemental instructions on completing your USAJOB Profile Eligibility Section, Eligibility question #4 pertaining to your current Federal Employment. This will ensure that you job searches default to announcements open to current federal employees.
PRINT APPLICATION STEPS