Creating an account with USAJOBS is free and necessary to apply to Navy and Marine Corps positions. Now that you have created your resume, you are ready to establish an account.
The registration process involves providing basic information including your name, address, phone number, and email address to create a user name and password.
Steps to Register:
- Go to www.usajobs.gov
- Click "My USAJOBS"
- Click "Create Account" and submit your information to register (or just log in if you have already registered previously)
Steps to Establish a Resume:
- Click "Resume" and "Create a New Resume"
- Input your information and click "Save for Later"
Functionality of USAJOBS Account: Congratulations on creating your new USAJOBS account and profile. Highlights of functionality include:
- Manage and edit your account profile using "My Account"
- Build/upload resumes using "Resumes"
- Save job searches using "Save Searches"
- View previously saved jobs under "Saved Jobs"
- Upload job application supporting documents under "Saved Documents"
- View the status of application packages using "Application Status"
- View notices using "Inbox"
In USAJOBS, you may:
- Build and store up to five(5) distinct resumes
- Store up to ten(10) supporting job application documents
- Search for Federal civilian job opportunity announcements
- Create job search agents to alert you (via email) of newly opened announcements
- Apply for Federal civilian job opportunities
- Be informed of your Federal civilian job application status
Make your USAJOBS Resume searchable: This allows your resume to be viewable by the Federal human resources professionals when they search in USAJOBS resume database for potential job candidates. (Go to My Account, Resumes).
Store commonly required job application documents in USAJOBS: Such documents can include: SF-50 “Notification of Personnel Action” (for current/former Federal employees) and veterans’ documents such as DD214 and SF15. (Go to My Account, Saved Documents)
If you are a Department of the Navy employee, check out supplemental instructions on completing USJAOB My Account, Profile, Hiring Eligibility question #4 pertaining to your current Federal Employment.
PRINT APPLICATION STEPS