Once your complete application is received and the job opportunity announcement closes, the Human Resources professionals conduct an evaluation of your qualifications, determine your ranking, and refer the most highly qualified candidates to the hiring manager for further consideration, possible interview, and selection.
Although each agency is different, the Department of the Navy provides notification updates after the job opportunity announcement closes. Make sure you update your contact information in USAJOBS to ensure you can be contacted throughout the process.
Viewing Vacancy Status: There are two (2) ways to view vacancy status:
Mandatory Applicant Notifications:
- Select Application Status from the "My Account" tab on the header of USAJOBS to view an application status. To find the contact information if the job is closed, and you have already applied for the job by clicking the “Apply Online” button, you can find the JOA in your Application Status list and click on the job title. This will open the whole job announcement.
- Additional information may be available by viewing the “More Information” link from the application status page.
The Office of Management and Budget has mandated that agencies are responsible for evaluating and providing status to applicants at four points. These points are:
- When the application is received
- When the applicant is assessed for qualifications or found ineligible
- When the applicant is referred to the selecting official or no longer under consideration
- When the applicant is selected or no longer under consideration
Applicants may be contacted directly by the hiring manager once referred and will receive final notification through USAJOBS when the vacancy has been filled or cancelled.
PRINT APPLICATION STEPS