Once your complete application is received and the job opportunity announcement closes, the Human Resources professionals conduct an evaluation of your qualifications, determine your ranking, and refer the most highly qualified candidates to the hiring manager for further consideration, possible interview, and selection.
Although each agency is different, the Department of the Navy provides notification updates after the job opportunity announcement closes. Make sure you update your contact information in USAJOBS to ensure you can be contacted throughout the process.
Viewing Vacancy Status: To view vacancy status:
- Select the “Home” Tab in your USAJOBS Account. Jobs you have applied to are identified in the "Application" Tab. The status will be identified to the right of the position information.
- The vacancy announcement may be viewed by clicking the "Full Job Announcement" link.
- Additional information regarding your application may be viewed using the “Additional Applicant Information” link.
Mandatory Applicant Notifications: In addition to viewing your status in your USAJOBS account, you will receive emailed applicant status throughout the recruitment process. The Office of Management and Budget has mandated that agencies are responsible for evaluating and providing status to applicants at four points. These points are:
- When the applicant is assessed for qualifications or found ineligible
- When the applicant is referred to the selecting official or no longer under consideration
- When the applicant is selected or no longer under consideration
Additional Contact: Applicants may be contacted directly by the hiring manager once referred and will receive final notification through USAJOBS when the vacancy has been filled or cancelled.
PRINT APPLICATION STEPS